By Lars Grundemar,Stephen R. Bloom
Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is a ubiquitous and significant messenger within the frightened approach, with quite a lot of physiological roles. it really is concerned with the physique power stability and is without doubt one of the such a lot powerful stimuli of nutrients consumption recognized. NPY additionally acts to control important and peripheral autonomic functions.
This booklet, written by way of educational and business specialists within the box, hyperlinks the latest easy experimental wisdom approximately NPY and its receptors with parts of medical importance.
This booklet should be of curiosity to these operating in all components of analysis tormented by NPY, corresponding to foodstuff consumption and effort homeostasis, cardiovascular rules and G-protein-coupled receptors, in addition to these attracted to the improvement of substances as NPY targets.
- The hypothalamic position of NPY and its courting with consuming issues and diabetes
- The sympathetic fearful procedure position of NPY and its involvement in cardiovascular disorders
- Characterization of NPY receptor kinds and their mind distribution, molecular biology and pharmacology
- Development of peptide and non-peptide receptor antagonists
Read Online or Download Neuropeptide Y and Drug Development PDF
Best pharmacology books
DrugDrug Interactions is a finished evaluation of the medical and regulatory views of drugdrug interactions from the point-of-view of academia, undefined, and executive regulatory enterprises. This booklet is meant for execs within the pharmaceutical undefined, wellbeing and fitness care, and governmental regulatory organisations.
Offers authoritative cutting-edge discussions of the major matters pertinent to transdermal drug supply, analyzing these themes essential to let a serious assessment of a drug candidate's capability to be added around the pores and skin; from actual chemistry and overview of drug permeability to on hand enhancement technolgies, to regulatory approval.
The California division of Pesticide Regulation(DPR)conducts human wellbeing and fitness hazard checks as a part of its project to make sure the security of employees and public wellbeing and fitness within the kingdom. the chance tests determine capability well-being dangers posed via insecticides, represent dose-response relationships, and estimate publicity to represent capability dangers to people.
Dieser Praxisleitfaden ist für den täglichen Einsatz konzipiert - als täglicher Assistent des Produktmanagers, der erfolgreich im advertising in der Pharmaindustrie arbeiten will. Das Buch liefert einen Überblick über alle wichtigen Aspekte des Pharmamarketing, weist auf mögliche Fallstricke hin und gibt praktische Hilfestellungen für die Planung und Durchführung der verschiedenen Marketingprojekte.
- Thirst and Sodium Appetite: Physiological Basis
- Anästhesie. Fragen und Antworten: 1655 Fakten für die Facharztprüfung und das Europäische Diplom für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin (DESA) (German Edition)
- Allgemeine und spezielle Pharmakologie und Toxikologie: Begründet von W. Forth, D. Henschler, W. Rummel (German Edition)
- Non-Vascular Interventional Radiology of the Abdomen
- Cannabis Extracts in Medicine: The Promise of Benefits in Seizure Disorders, Cancer and Other Conditions (McFarland Health Topics)
- Case Studies in Nanotoxicology and Particle Toxicology
Additional info for Neuropeptide Y and Drug Development
Neuropeptide Y and Drug Development by Lars Grundemar,Stephen R. Bloom