By I. Lindsay
Read or Download Living with London's Olympics: An Ethnography (Palgrave Studies in Urban Anthropology) PDF
Best sociology of sports books
Danish recreation has been linked to Europe and the realm; now not least via I. P. Muller and Niels Bukh and the Danish Gymnastics revolution with its emphasis on male aesthetics and hygiene within the first half the 20 th century. whilst, Denmark has stood except Europe within the early moments of its background of activity with the agricultural revolution of the farming groups as a press release of political independence and statement.
The function of game in our society is continually evolving. This booklet considers sport’s interplay with assorted demographics, its functionality inside of society and the controversies surrounding the subject. It additionally explores the idea that of inclusion inside activity, taking a look at problems with gender, incapacity and faith.
Texas is a various kingdom. however the something that binds Texans greater than their kingdom delight, much more than faith, is soccer. For the various cities and towns of Texas, highschool soccer is greater than a game or an extracurricular activity—it’s the glue in their neighborhood. writer grey Levy, a highschool soccer trainer for greater than 20 years, grew to become disenchanted with the nation of the schooling approach national and traveled to Texas, a spot the place highschool soccer nonetheless concerns, to work out simply what faculties and groups have been doing correct.
What particularly is what we now name “sport”? even if ubiquitous, it is still a little-understood phenomenon, and - consistently above reproach - can get pleasure from a positive or differently indulgent public opinion. in spite of the fact that, in activities virtually not anything is because it turns out. The ebook for that reason makes use of a rigorous research of the sociological, anthropological and old facets that symbolize the game one of the much less recognized yet certainly extra attention-grabbing, to denounce the nice mystification.
- Boys Among Men: How the Prep-to-Pro Generation Redefined the NBA and Sparked a Basketball Revolution
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Abuse in Sport: International Perspectives in Research, Policy and Practice (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- Mega-Events and Mega-Ambitions: South Korea’s Rise and the Strategic Use of the Big Four Events (Mega Event Planning)
- The Interrelationship of Leisure and Play: Play as Leisure, Leisure as Play (Leisure Studies in a Global Era)
- Sportsoziologie: Ein Lehrbuch in 13 Lektionen (Sportwissenschaft studieren 8) (German Edition)
Extra resources for Living with London's Olympics: An Ethnography (Palgrave Studies in Urban Anthropology)
Living with London's Olympics: An Ethnography (Palgrave Studies in Urban Anthropology) by I. Lindsay