By Nelly Oudshoorn,Trevor Pinch
Read Online or Download How Users Matter: The Co-Construction of Users and Technology (Inside Technology) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
Many years ahead of the web, ham radio supplied prompt, international, person-to-person communique. thousands of novice radio operators -- a predominantly male, center- and upper-class team referred to as "hams" -- outfitted and operated two-way radios for activity in mid 20th century the United States.
This thought-provoking research through historian Monique Laney specializes in the U. S. government–assisted integration of German rocket experts and their households right into a small southern group quickly after global struggle II. In 1950, Wernher von Braun and his staff of rocket specialists relocated to Huntsville, Alabama, a city that might have a good time the crew, regardless of their crucial function within the contemporary Nazi conflict attempt, for his or her contributions to the U.
Sanitation and intestinal healthiness is whatever we frequently take without any consideration this present day. even though, humans residing in lots of areas of the constructing global nonetheless undergo with debilitating illnesses end result of the loss of sanitation. regardless of its transparent effect upon wellbeing and fitness nowa days, sanitation in previous populations is a subject that has got strangely little awareness.
To reside in Victorian Britain used to be to event an impressive sequence of adjustments, of a sort for which there has been easily no precedent within the human adventure. there have been revolutions in delivery, verbal exchange, paintings; towns grew colossal; medical principles made the highbrow panorama unrecognizable. This used to be a thrilling time, but in addition a frightening one.
- Wheels Stop: The Tragedies and Triumphs of the Space Shuttle Program, 1986-2011 (Outward Odyssey: A People's History of Spaceflight)
- Dixie Highway: Road Building and the Making of the Modern South, 1900-1930
- Surveying the Early Republic: The Journal of Andrew Ellicott, U.S. Boundary Commissioner in the Old Southwest, 1796-1800 (Library of Southern Civilization)
- History of Technology Volume 4
- Essays on the History of Mechanical Engineering (History of Mechanism and Machine Science)
- The CISO Handbook: A Practical Guide to Securing Your Company
Extra resources for How Users Matter: The Co-Construction of Users and Technology (Inside Technology)
How Users Matter: The Co-Construction of Users and Technology (Inside Technology) by Nelly Oudshoorn,Trevor Pinch