By Colleen E. Kriger
Read Online or Download Cloth in West African History (African Archaeology Series) PDF
Similar history of technology & engineering books
Many years sooner than the web, ham radio supplied prompt, international, person-to-person verbal exchange. thousands of novice radio operators -- a predominantly male, heart- and upper-class crew often called "hams" -- outfitted and operated two-way radios for sport in mid 20th century the USA.
This thought-provoking research by means of historian Monique Laney specializes in the U. S. government–assisted integration of German rocket experts and their households right into a small southern neighborhood quickly after international warfare II. In 1950, Wernher von Braun and his crew of rocket specialists relocated to Huntsville, Alabama, a city that will have a good time the crew, regardless of their crucial position within the fresh Nazi conflict attempt, for his or her contributions to the U.
Sanitation and intestinal future health is anything we frequently take with no consideration this day. besides the fact that, humans dwelling in lots of areas of the constructing international nonetheless endure with debilitating illnesses as a result loss of sanitation. regardless of its transparent influence upon health and wellbeing nowa days, sanitation in earlier populations is a subject that has got strangely little realization.
To dwell in Victorian Britain used to be to event an superb sequence of alterations, of a sort for which there has been easily no precedent within the human event. there have been revolutions in shipping, communique, paintings; towns grew giant; medical principles made the highbrow panorama unrecognizable. This was once an exciting time, but additionally a scary one.
- Technological Innovation and Economic Transformation: A Method for Contextual Analysis
- Enhancing Hubble's Vision: Service Missions That Expanded Our View of the Universe (Springer Praxis Books)
- A Hammer in Their Hands: A Documentary History of Technology and the African-American Experience (MIT Press)
- Radio in Revolution: Wireless Technology and State Power in Mexico, 1897–1938 (The Mexican Experience)
- Science and Technology in World History, Volume 2: Early Christianity, the Rise of Islam and the Middle Ages
Additional info for Cloth in West African History (African Archaeology Series)
Cloth in West African History (African Archaeology Series) by Colleen E. Kriger